Eye Health Care Products
Take a look at the eye health products we carry and recommend. Contact us for more information!
MacuHealth is a natural eye supplement proven to restore macular pigmentation and reduce the risk of progression with age-related macular degeneration. It contains the three vital pigments that are found in the macula, the portion of the retina responsible for detailed central vision.
What makes MacuHealth different from other supplements?
- MacuHealth is the only supplement that contains all three primary pigments found in the macula - Lutein, Zeaxanthin, and Meso-Zeaxanthin. While Lutein and Zeaxanthin can be found in leafy green vegetables, Meso-Zeaxanthin is not widely found in our diets and must come in the form of a supplement.
- MacuHealth won't interfere with other medications.
- MacuHealth has once-daily soft gel dosing.
Oasis Preservative-Free Lubricant Eye Drops
Lubricant eye drops are artificial tears that replace the moisture that is lost on your eyes' surface. The viscous nature of artificial tears such as Oasis TEARS® PLUS and Oasis TEARS® lubricate the eyes to relieve the gritty dry sensations that cause irritation. Your Isthmus Eye Care doctor may recommend preservative-free artificial tears such as these to relieve mild dry eye symptoms.
Oasis Rest & Relief Compress
Warm compresses bring relief to your dry eye because they can loosen the oils in the meibomian glands located in and around your lids. These glands are what produce the oils (lipids) that get released with each blink and blanket the surface of your tear film. These oils also help to retain the water layer of your tears and prevent tear evaporation. For treatment of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction, your Isthmus Eye Care optometrist may recommend the Oasis Rest & Relief eye mask filled with beads that conform to your eyes and hold heat along with compression to ensure relief from your symptoms.
Patients suffering from chronic inflammatory dry eye syndrome may benefit from Omega-3 supplementation. The doctors of Isthmus Eye Care recommend Nordic Naturals for high-quality supplementation which is non-GMO, dairy and gluten-free without artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. Your personalized Dry Eye Syndrome assessment will determine if Omega-3 supplementation is right for you.
Pure&Clean Lid Prep
Cleanse bacteria from around the eyes showing symptoms of lid disease and potentially chronic dry eye. Pure&Clean® Lid Prep is a proprietary solution of electrolyzed hypochlorous acid (HOCl). Hypochlorous acid is a naturally occurring molecule that is used in the human body and produced by our white blood cells to fight bacteria and inflammation after trauma.
- In 60 seconds or less, Pure&Clean has been shown to be 99.9% effective against pathogens such as Human Coronavirus, MRSA (s. aureus), C. Diffcile, E. Coli, K. pneumonia.
- Pure&Clean: Best for dry eye patients, FDA-approved, antibiotic free and steroid free, the natural alternative to chemical products, non-cytotoxic, non-sensitizing, and non-irritating to skin or eyes, no damaging effect on human tissue, no need to rinse after use, 24-month shelf life from date of manufacture; not affected by opening the bottle.
- Microorganisms Efficacy Test Results from independent laboratory testing.
Schedule an appointment at one of our convenient locations.